Dogs are really cute. They are adorable and are known as man’s best friend for their faithfulness and friendly qualities. You must have heard many incidents where dogs have really helped humans and at times, even saved their lives!
Having a pup at home ensures that your kids are in safe hands. They are extremely loyal and can go to any lengths, even laying down their lives, for your happiness, and for your safety. It’s really amazing the way dogs are, their emotions, their actions, and their licks!
You might love dogs as they are cute but you can’t stay away after you read these awesome facts!
- Oldest dog breed – The Saluki is the world’s oldest dog breed. They appear in ancient Egyptian tombs dating back to 2100 B.C.
- Dog population throughout the world – In 2012, the total population of dogs in the world was estimated to be about 525 million; today that number is estimated to be at 900 million.
- Dogs suffer from anxiety too – Your pups experience separation anxiety each time you leave them. The simplest way to tackle this situation is to leave a piece of your clothing behind. It’s been proven that the scent you leave behind on your clothes can help ease your dog’s separation anxiety.
- Dogs can see colors – Apart from white and black colors, dogs can recognize blue and yellow too.
- Dogs can smell better with their wet noses – Their sense of smell is 10,000 times stronger than humans. So it shouldn’t be shocking that they can, in fact, smell things such as fear. When a human is fearful, they perspire, and a dog is easily able to pick up on this change.
- Dogs are generally very warm – Their usual body temperatures are between 101-102 degrees.
- Adult dogs are as intelligent as children – They can count up to 5, understand 250 types of words, and perform simple calculations!
- Dogs curl up while sleeping – They do this to keep as they are trying to protect their vital organs in case of a sudden attack. It is a natural instinct that has been present for centuries, not just in strays but also in pets.
- Dogs have dreams too – Humans and dogs often have the same dream cycles (light sleep and deep sleep).
- The biggest health issue among dogs is obesity – And you think it’s just only you!
- Dogs get jealous too – It’s not your imagination, your dogs can show jealousy. According to a study at UCSD, dogs are capable of displaying jealous behaviors when their owners are paying too much attention to an interloper.
Want to know more about your furry friends, subscribe to our newsletter!